Stacey practices as a litigation and trial attorney for the firm, handling complex litigation, trial and appellate matters. Stacey has considerable experience handling construction contracts and disputes.
Stacey graduated Cum Laude from Southern University Law Center in 2011. She was a Herschel and Charlotte Richard Scholarship recipient, in addition to receiving Cali awards in Admiralty, Agency and Partnership, Criminal Procedure and Obligations. While attending law school, Stacey was honored as member of the Chancellor’s List every semester. In addition, she was a teaching assistant for Torts and Criminal law, and studied comparative constitutional laws at London City University. After graduation, Stacey served as a law clerk to the Honorable Timothy Kelley in the 19th Judicial District Court.
Prior to attending law school, Stacey was heavily involved in the construction industry. She served as Vice President of the Student Chapter of the Association of General Contractors and Vice President of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology. Stacey served as a field intern and an estimating intern for Hensel Phelps Construction Company, an international general contractor.
Stacey is a member of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC) and attended the LADC Trial Academy in 2013. She is also a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA), Shreveport Bar Association (SBA), Defense Research Institute (DRI) and Associated Builders and Contractors. Stacey has been an active member of her community and was named a “40 Under 40 Honoree” in 2013 by the Shreveport and Bossier Chambers of Commerce.
Stacey is admitted to practice before the United States district court for the Western District of Louisiana as well as all Louisiana State Courts.
- Litigation of commercial and business disputes, including breaches of contract and property disputes
- Litigation of liability cases including personal injury claims, premise liability actions and construction defects.
- Extensive experience prosecuting construction contract claims, public bid law disputes, private works act disputes and Miller Act Claims.
- Experience working with contractors and subcontractors with industry compliance, regulatory compliance, union collective bargaining agreements, and entity formation
- Litigation of insurance matters, including coverage issues and issues of policy interpretation
- Litigation of professional liability claims including medical malpractice
- Experience with oil and gas matters involving mineral leases, mineral servitudes, and environmental torts
- Advises non-profits on entity formation and IRS non-profit filings.
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; J.D., 2011, Cum Laude
- Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, Louisiana, B.A. Political Science, 2008
- Preeminent client rating on Martindale.com
- “40 Under 40 Honoree” presented by the Shreveport and Bossier Chambers of Commerce
- Cali Award for Excellence in Admiralty
- Cali Award for Excellence in Agency and Partnership
- Cali Award for Excellence in Criminal Procedure
- Cali Award for Excellence in Obligations
- Listed in SB Magazine 2016 & 2017 as one of Shreveport-Bossier’s best lawyers
- Young lawyer liaison to the DRI Trial Tactics Committee
- Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations Community Leader, 2015-2016
- Louisiana State Bar Association Leadership Class, 2016-2017
Activities and Affiliations
Activities and Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- DRI Trial Tactics Steering Committee, 2016-2017
- Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier, Board of Directors, 2016-2017
- Catholic Charities of North Louisiana, Board of Directors, Strategic Planning Committee 2016-2019
- Girls on the Run of Shreveport, Former Vice-Chairman Board of Directors (2014)
- DRI Trial Tactics Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada 2016, Presenter: What do Jurors Want to Hear
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Natchitoches Lights CLE, Presenter 2016