Dannye practices in the areas of corporate law, entertainment law, business transactions, civil litigation and public sector law. His experience includes representing business and governmental entities in state and federal courts, representation of public sector administrative bodies and charter schools, structuring complex commercial transactions, public bid law and zoning litigation, police and municipal liability claims, personal injury defense and commercial law.
Dannye received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Southern University and his law degree from Southern University Law Center. Dannye was admitted to practice in 1985. Dannye is licensed to practice in all Louisiana district and appellate courts as well as the Louisiana Supreme Court. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal.
Dannye’s legal career includes an appointment as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Shreveport; Special Assistant District Attorney for the First Judicial District; and the first Parish Attorney for the Parish of Caddo. After serving in government for more than seventeen (17) years, Dannye entered private practice and became a partner in a regional law firm. In 2005, Dannye established and managed The Malone Law Firm, L.L.C. during the course of the next ten (10) years. He currently serves as General Counsel for the Caddo-Bossier Parishes Port Commission and Of Counsel to our firm.
- Extensive experience in all phases of municipal and government law
- Experienced in litigating public bid law and zoning disputes, police and municipal liability claims, personal injury defense and commercial law claims
- Experience in drafting and facilitating the passage of local and state legislation
- Extensive experience in structuring limited liability companies and corporations
- Extensive experience in representing public sector administrative bodies
- Extensive experience in preparing contracts and administrative policies
- Representation of the gaming industry in administrative and litigation matters
- Representation of public entities in zoning and land use matters
- Representation of the oil and gas industry in corporate development matters
- Representation of the healthcare management industry
- Southern University Law Center, Louisiana, J.D., 1985
- Southern University, Louisiana, B.A. Journalism, 1980
- Southern University Law Center, Hall of Fame
- Consistently listed in SB Magazine as one of Shreveport-Bossier’s best attorneys
- Charter member of the Harry V. Booth – Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court
- Past Chairman of the Ethics Committee for the Shreveport Bar Association
- Board member, Shreveport Common, Inc.
- Served as a board member of the Shreveport Downtown Development Authority; Caddo Ambulance Board, Northwest Louisiana Legal Services and the Ethics Committee for Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Activities and Affiliations
Activities and Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
- Jesse N. Stone Legal Society
- Harry V. Booth – Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Sigma Pi Phi (the “Boulé”)
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.